Life Insurance with LTC Rider
- 2 partners in early 70's, both non-smokers
- One partner is uninsurable for 2 years because of new finding that doctor's don't know IF it will be an issue
- The other partner is healthy
- Finances - Cash and home equity line total 100K
- Preferences - desires LTC coverage, however linked-benefit is the only option for one partner, the other partner could use traditional or linked-benefit. Read more for the solution.
- Joint life insurance policy with a LTC Rider.
- $100K premium 1st year
- Premium on LTC rider is $2,237 a year. This premium will never increase. This amount is also eligible for tax deductibility based on IRS guidelines.
- $2,825 a month for LTC, no inflation, benefit period 50 months
- When that death benefit is used up by either or both partners for long term care expenses ($2,825 * 50 months = $141,250), then a rider is available for additional long term care expenses.
- The coverage on the rider is as follows: $2,825 a month, 5% compound inflation for an unlimited benefit period.
- In the event either or both partners need LTC coverage, they will have ready funds to pay for care.
- If neither use all the death benefit ($141,250) in LTC, then the remainder will go to their heirs tax-free.
- Peace of mind and asset protection were both achieved.